The Bethel Network connects missional churches and church planters together to cooperatively plant and rejuvenate churches.
Almost 85% of the people in our communities are unchurched. For the Network, reaching these people and leading them to become fully devoted followers of Christ is paramount.
Affiliating with the
Network, whether as a church plant or an affiliate church, means that you are not serving alone.
For more information, go to their website at www.thebethelnetwork.org.
- Plant. Begin planting three new works.
- Partner. Add two new affiliate churches.
- Equip. Train church planters through our partnership with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Explore. Follow God’s leading in planting in new communities outside of the St. Louis Metro East area.
SWIST (Southwest Illinois School of Theology)
Southwest Illinois School of Theology (SWIST) is a program of the ADVANCE Ministry Preparation (AMP) program offered by local associations and Gateway Seminary (GS) of the SBC in Ontario, CA. The AMP program provides leadership development via quality, Bible-based education without having to leave one’s ministry setting. The goal is to prepare church leaders, workers and planters to work in the Lord’s vineyard.
- Classes can be adapted to your context and setting.
- Students are eligible if they have completed high school or a GED (some exceptions may apply).
- Diplomas are offered by Gateway Seminary so that students can graduate on campus.
The SWIST AMP program is offered locally through Gateway Baptist Association and Metro-East Baptist Association of Illinois. SWIST is for ALL CHURCH MEMBERS, not just pastors. (You must be at least 21 years of age and have been a Christian for at least one year to enroll.)
TO ENROLL: New students may go online to complete their ADVANCE AMP admission application at: https://www.gs.edu/academics/degrees/advance/?nav=p-827210&clickpath=academics/degrees&wildcard=/advance-cld/
You may also call the MEBA office at 618-624-4444 and make an appointment for enrollment. After enrolling you will need to complete the Church Endorsement Form with a $30 non-refundable application fee, plus $125 per course ($155 total for new students). Checks are to be made payable to MEBA. Cost for returning students is $125.
Diploma in Christian Ministries (DCM): Total of 24 hours
Diploma in Theology (DTH): Total of 28 hours (in addition to the DCM = 52 hours)
Diploma in Church Planting (DCP): Total of 28 hours (in addition to the DCM = 52 hours)
NEW AMP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Gateway Seminary of the SBC Faculty has approved four new AMP certificates for our local AMP center. The certificate requires four 3-hour classes for a total of 12 hours to earn the certificate. Certificates are designed to help your church leaders develop ministry skills. They may use the classes toward a diploma as well. The AMP certificates include:
- Bible Teaching Certificate – AMP (Designed for someone teaching Sunday School, Bible studies small groups, or discipleship.)
- Mission Studies Certificate – AMP (Designed to fulfill the minimum theological work required of a mission candidate spouse for IMB appointment.)
- Pastoral Ministry Certificate – AMP (Designed to give students basic pastoral skills to serve in a shepherding role such as associate pastor, deacon, elder.)
- Small Church Leadership Certificate – AMP (Designed to provide knowledge and development of leadership skills for the small church. )
For more information contact:
Metro East Baptist Association (SWIST Registrar) 618-624-4444 or
Director – Pastor Sherman Smith phone: 618-345-0770 Email: email@example.com or
Course Fee: New students: $155 (Includes $30.00 application fee); Returning students: $125
Sponsored by Gateway Seminary of the SBC